Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Print making

The project for me was very hard to make, and I believe my finished project reflected that. Although I was not disappointed in the way my project came out I was not satisfied either, I feel I could have done better but given my lack of experience the final product was not all that I had visioned in my head. I don't believe that it came out the worst thing I've ever done but I deffiently was not happy with it. My sketch lacked a creative background, although the idea of having  a sea turtle flying through the sky seemed like a good one in my head unfortunately I could not draw it the way I had seen it. Bottom line the background sucked but I didn't know what else to do that was creative and original, so I made the best of what I could using that idea. I made several errors during the carving stage and did not blend the textures very  well with the background and that made me mad so I probably cut a little to deep in some areas and that reflected on the final product. Although this was a good experience it was deffinetly not one of my favorite techniques, and even though I believe my next one will be better I do not hope to do another any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment